Elderly Gook Arrested at LaGuardia Airport Over Bomb Threat Following Bag Fee Dispute

JOHN PARK. A $50 BAG FEE SET HIM OFF.

Everywhere you read about Asians, they keep telling you how smart and superior the Asians are.

As counterevidence, meet John Park of Farmington, Michigan.

Vietnamese? A flashback to the Vietnam war? He’s pleaded not guilty, so his clever Asian mind has some crafty defense planned.

ABC7NY

A man was arrested at LaGuardia Airport Saturday morning after police say he threatened an airline employee with what he said was a bomb.

Police say the man got into an argument with a Spirit Airlines employee at Terminal B.

The suspect told the employee he was coming back with a bomb and then returned a short time later carrying a bag, according to the NYPD.

The ticketing area of Terminal B was temporarily evacuated.

The NYPD Bomb Squad was called in as a precaution to identify the package.

The suspect, identified as 70-year-old John Park of Farmington, Michigan, was quickly taken into custody.

No explosive was found and no one was injured.

The Port Authority said the airport was functioning normally by 9:30 a.m.

Port Authority police interviewed the man and charges were pending.

Air Force Fighter Jets Scrambled after Kebab Creates Disturbance on American Airlines Flight

There’s no word from law enforcement or the news media whether the Turkish passenger who tried to force his way into the cockpit of an American Airlines flight from Los Angeles to Honolulu, Hawaii is in the United States legally.

Whatever his immigration status, he must be deported after serving his sentence because of the threat to public safety. Once back in Turkey, he must also be blocked from traveling to Europe, Australia, or New Zealand.

The Guardian

The US military on Friday scrambled two Air Force fighter jets to escort an American Airlines flight into Honolulu International Airport after a disturbance involving a Turkish passenger aboard the plane was reported, officials said.

The nature of the fracas was not immediately disclosed by the FBI, the military or American Airlines, but local news media reported that a passenger had tried to force his way into the cockpit of the Honolulu-bound Flight 31 from Los Angeles.

The man was subdued by an off-duty law enforcement officer and others aboard the aircraft, and the flight landed safely at 11.35am Hawaii time, officials said. No injuries were reported.

A Federal Bureau of Investigation agent told reporters in Honolulu that the Turkish passenger had earlier been involved in security breach at Los Angeles international airport (LAX).

Federal authorities were preparing a criminal complaint to charge Anil Uskanil, 25, with interference with a flight crew, FBI special-agent-in charge Paul Delacourt said at a Honolulu airport news conference.

LAX airport police said separately that Uskanil had been detained, questioned and released hours earlier after he was caught by security there going through a terminal concourse door leading out to the airfield.

Los Angeles airport police spokesman Rob Pedregon said Uskanil was a ticketed American Airlines passenger with a boarding pass who had cleared security screening but claimed that he lost his way because he was tipsy from drinking.

As he did not appear to meet the criteria for public drunkenness, police let him go with a citation for misdemeanor trespassing. He was escorted to the street in front of the terminal when released, Pedregon said.

Because the LAX incident occurred at about 2.45am Pacific time, nearly three hours before the first flights of the day, he would have had ample time to get through security again and catch a plane to Hawaii as scheduled.

Pedregon said it is not unusual for LAX passengers to mistakenly go through an unauthorized exit door at the terminal.

American Airlines said its Honolulu-bound flight, an Airbus A321, was carrying 181 passengers and six crew members.

One passenger who spoke to HawaiiNewsNow said a first-class flight attendant deserved much of the credit for preventing the suspect from reaching the cockpit.

“I would just never want to go against her. She was tasked with keeping him out of there, and she did a great job,” Lee Lorenzen said.

The incident prompted Pacific Command to dispatch a pair of F-22 fighter jets to intercept the passenger plane.

“The F-22s escorted the airliner to the airport in accordance with homeland defense procedures. Local law enforcement responded once the civilian airliner was on the ground,” said Commander Dave Benham.

Doggos sent to investigate:

Heavy offers more.

On the Ground Action Report from the Battle of Berkeley (Two Videos)

In the top video, which goes for seven minutes, there’s a live action interview with antifa punch girl Louise Rosealma (aka Moldylocks) that starts at about the 3 minute mark and goes for a minute. I have trouble understanding her answer to the question about an old woman who was injured by the antifa but others claim she laughs it off. At about 4 minutes, based stick man is seen in handcuffs after his arrest.

The second video lasts four minutes. It is composed of different footage of the Battle of Berkeley. Watch the blonde in a reddish sweater tear into some black clad antifa. At about the 40 second mark, Moldylocks takes her punishment. The video then goes on to capture more of the action.

These videos convey better than words what it’s like to be on the field of battle in America today.

American Liberals Take to Twitter to Condemn Trump for Military’s Use of MOAB

The above map shows the damage radius of the Massive Ordnance Air Blast (MOAB) bomb that was dropped on ISIS in Afghanistan today.

Recall this campaign promise.

You know that if Obama had dropped MOAB that liberals would be bragging about what a great decision he had made.

But what are liberals saying today in real time?

This next one has the facts wrong. A single bomb costs a mere bag of shells at $16 million.

Mark Dice makes a joke mocking liberals.

Another liberal misstatement. Meals on wheels was not cut.

I doubt this liberal was preaching love when Obama was dropping smaller bombs.

I just looked. So far, there’s no response from Nancy Pelosi or Hillary Clinton to MOAB. I wonder who else besides liberals are going to be added to the list below.

MOAB: What We Know About the “Mother of All Bombs” Dropped on Afghanistan

President Trump pulls another public relations coup that the press loves.

Nobody is talking about Trump being a Russian mole any more.

Trump did campaign on the platform that he was going to “bomb the shit out of ISIS.”

CNBC

The Pentagon said Thursday that it had used the largest non-nuclear bomb in its arsenal against ISIS, prompting questions about what exactly this weapon is.

Most of what is publicly available about the GBU-43 comes from a 2008 article from the Eglin Air Force Base. The piece, which marked the five-year anniversary of the bomb, says that the GBU-43 weighs a massive 21,600 pounds. During testing, the weapon created a mushroom cloud that could be seen 20 miles away from the blast, according to the Air Force story.

Each MOAB costs around $16 million, according to military information website Deagel. With 20 made so far, the site says the U.S. military has spent some $314 million on the production of the explosive.

The original goal of the so-called MOAB — either standing for “Massive Ordinance Air Blast” or “Mother Of All Bombs,” depending on who you ask — was to act as a non-nuclear deterrent against former Iraq dictator Saddam Hussein.

“The goal is to have the pressure be so great that Saddam Hussein cooperates,” Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld said in a 2003 interview, according to the Eglin Air Force Base story. “Short of that — an unwillingness to cooperate — the goal is to have the capabilities of the coalition so clear and so obvious that there is an enormous disincentive for the Iraqi military to fight against the coalition.”

The bomb was rapidly developed by the Air Force starting in 2002 as a replacement for the BLU-82 Daisy Cutter. While the MOAB was bigger, it was also smarter, with GPS-capable targeting allowing for more accurate bombing operations, according to the story.

But while the weapon was initially deployed to the Middle East back in 2003, this is the first time it has been used. Originally designed as a deterrent, it’s now being deployed as an active tool in the war on terror.

“What’s worse than unleashing on society the wrath of the largest non-nuclear bomb yet to be made?” the 2008 Eglin Air Force Base piece asked. “Letting the world know it’s out there and ready to be used at any moment.”

The superweapon is seen in action and explained here:

German Football Team Targeted by Bombs Welcomed Refugees

DORTMUND’S TEAM SAID WELCOME TO REFUGEES.

I wonder how many Germans have lived to regret holding up a Welcome Refugees sign.

Although there’s no proof that Muslims are involved, I’ll bet that it wasn’t anyone else.

Excerpt from Financial Times

Borussia Dortmund’s team bus was hit by three explosions as it travelled to a football match in the west German city on Tuesday evening, in what police said was a targeted attack.

Police said that the series of blasts, which injured one player and shattered the bus’s windows, took place around 7.15pm local time as Borussia Dortmund’s squad set off for their stadium to play a Champions League quarter-final against French side AS Monaco.

Gregor Lange, Dortmund’s police chief, said at a press conference late on Tuesday that the motive for the attack was “not yet clear” and that investigators were considering all possibilities. Sandra Lücke, a spokeswoman for the prosecutor’s office, said a “letter” claiming responsibility for the attacks had been found near the site of the explosions and was being “intensively” checked to see if it was genuine.

A fourth suspicious device, which did not explode, was also being investigated.

Borussia Dortmund tweeted that centre back Marc Bartra, a Spaniard who also plays for his national football team, had suffered hand injuries and was being treated for a fracture and shrapnel wounds in hospital.

The regional North Rhine-Westphalia police earlier said they were assuming the devices were made from an explosive material that should be taken seriously and that they might have been hidden in a hedge.

Dortmund’s chief executive, Hans-Joachim Watzke, said that the explosions had happened close to the driveway of the team hotel as the team bus pulled on to the Wittbräuckerstraße. “I have to pay a big compliment to our fans, who have dealt with [the event] very well, calmly, reasonably, and with solidarity. The team and the trainers are naturally shocked. Somehow, we have to channel this.”

The club’s president, Reinhard Rauball, said it was a “very difficult situation” for the players and staff but that he was sure that they would cope. “It would be a shame if the people responsible for this [attack] then also had the success of influencing the team in any way through it,” he said.

The match was postponed until next day, Wednesday April 12. Police said there would be heavy security at the event, and there was a large police presence around Dortmund’s main rail station on Tuesday night.

Uefa, European football’s governing body, said the decision to postpone the game had been made “after a meeting held at the Westfalenstadion [where Borussia Dortmund play] between Uefa, representatives of the two clubs and local authorities”.

Germany knows how to stop the madness. The first step is to try to change things through the ballot box by canning Angela Merkel. The next step is ethnic cleansing.

Airline Electronics Ban Came After Militants Threatened To Hide Bombs In Laptops

buzzfeed

The United States’ ban on passengers taking laptops, tablet computers, and other electronic devices on flights from 10 airports in the Middle East and North Africa was spurred by increased chatter picked up in recent weeks from militants saying they want to hide explosives in computers, a US official told BuzzFeed News.

The ban was being pushed by the White House, the official said, and Secretary of Homeland Security John Kelly subsequently signed on to it.

“It was driven by intelligence,” deputy White House spokesperson Michael Short told BuzzFeed News when asked whether the electronics ban originated in the White House as the official indicated.

While the official said the ban was being implemented because of rising threats, the US has yet to increase the threat level. The ban — which caught the airline industry off-guard — goes into effect at 8 am EST on Saturday and remains in place “indefinitely.”

The official’s statement — that the ban is in response to relatively recent chatter — seems to differ from a statement from the Department of Homeland Security released earlier Tuesday saying the “2015 airliner downing in Egypt, the 2016 attempted airliner downing in Somalia, and the 2016 armed attacks against airports in Brussels and Istanbul” were examples of why increased security was needed.

“Evaluated intelligence indicates that terrorist groups continue to target commercial aviation and are aggressively pursuing innovative methods to undertake their attacks, to include smuggling explosive devices in various consumer items. Based on this information,

Secretary of Homeland Security John Kelly and Transportation Security Administrator Acting Administrator Huban Gowadia have determined it is necessary to enhance security procedures for passengers at certain last point of departure airports to the United States,” the statement said.

It does not appear intelligence gathered during the Jan. 29 raid on a suspected al-Qaeda compound in Yemen was part of the US assessment as officials began discussing the rising threat before the Inauguration.

There is also no evidence that the US picked up a specific threat amid the chatter it had intercepted, such as discussion of a future attack.

The department said airlines would have 96 hours to comply with the new rules and the ban would remain in place until “the threat changes.”

Here’s the list of every major air travel hub that is affected by the ban:
Hamad International Airport, Doha, Qatar
Dubai International Airport, UAE
Abu Dhabi International Airport, UAE
Ataturk International Airport, Istanbul, Turkey
Queen Alia International Airport, Amman, Jordan
Cairo International Airport, Egypt
King Abdul Aziz International Airport, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
King Khalid International Airport, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Mohammed V Airport, Casablanca, Morocco
Kuwait International Airport, Kuwait

Devices banned from the cabin — which will need to be packed in checked baggage — on any U.S.-bound flights from those airports include anything larger than a cellphone. Examples include laptops, tablets, e-readers, cameras, portable DVD players, electronic gaming units larger than a smartphone, and travel printers/scanners.

Also on Tuesday, the United Kingdom said it would implement a similar electronics ban, while authorities in Canada said they are considering one.

Contradicting Buzzfeed, The Daily Beast reports that the American raid in Yemen turned up the intelligence that led to the laptop ban.

Information from the raid shows al Qaeda’s successful development of compact, battery bombs that fit inside laptops or other devices believed to be strong enough to bring down an aircraft, the sources said. The battery bombs would need to be manually triggered, a source explained, which is why the electronics ban is only for the aircraft cabin not checked luggage.

CNN offers advice to travelers on how to safeguard data.