WordPress puts your first comment on this website into moderation. Any future comments will post immediately, except for those with more than one link in them. WordPress puts comments with two or more links in them into automatic moderation.
I don’t censor comments, with five exceptions:
1. Comments that insult me will not be approved or will be removed. Disagreeing with me is not insulting me, so disagree all you like.
2. Comments that insult other commenters will not be approved or will be removed. Disagreement is not an insult, so disagree with a comment all you like.
3. Comments that I suspect are from trolls will not be approved or will be removed. Trolls are like arsonists. They seek to destroy. Go away trolls.
4. Comments advocating violence will be removed or censored. WordPress user guidelines state: Directly threatening material.
Do not post direct and realistic threats of violence. That is, you cannot post a genuine call for violence—or death—against an individual person, or groups of persons. This doesn’t mean that we’ll remove all hyperbole or offensive language.
5. Personal information about anyone will be removed or censored.
Wordpress user guidelines state: Posting private information.
Don’t share someone’s personal information without their consent. This includes collecting sensitive information in Contact Forms such as account passwords and credit card numbers, to name a couple.
If I have additional thoughts about comments, I’ll update this page.
This page was last updated and revised on July 16, 2016.