UPDATED WITH TRUMP’S TWEETS OF DENIAL TOWARD THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST.
There must be 100 stories stating as fact that President Donald Trump carelessly or deliberately shared intel secrets with the Russians last week to every one story that pushs back on that ridiculous fake news attributed to anonymous sources.
Trump revealed highly classified information to Russian foreign minister and ambassador: Washington Post
BY THE WASHINGTON POST
WASHINGTON – President Donald Trump revealed highly classified information to the Russian foreign minister and ambassador in a White House meeting last week, according to current and former U.S. officials, who said Trump’s disclosures jeopardized a critical source of intelligence on the Islamic State.
The information the president relayed had been provided by a U.S. partner through an intelligence-sharing arrangement considered so sensitive that details have been withheld from allies and tightly restricted even within the U.S. government, officials said.
The partner had not given the United States permission to share the material with Russia, and officials said Trump’s decision to do so endangers cooperation from an ally that has access to the inner workings of the Islamic State. After Trump’s meeting, senior White House officials took steps to contain the damage, placing calls to the CIA and the National Security Agency.
“This is code-word information,” said a U.S. official familiar with the matter, using terminology that refers to one of the highest classification levels used by American spy agencies. Trump “revealed more information to the Russian ambassador than we have shared with our own allies.”
Oy vey! Enough of the (((Jeff Bezos))) smear job on President Trump.
This story broke on Monday afternoon, just hours before it was revealed that there is some evidence that murdered DNC staffer Seth Rich had contacts with Wikileaks.
A reasonable person might conclude that the anti-Trump hit piece was designed to take the news about Seth Rich off the radar screen.
It didn’t take NBC News reporter Richard Engel, who’s one of the better reporters in the MSM, very long to debunk the WaPo fake news.
According to CBS News, Trump National Security Advisor H. R. McMaster has also debunked the fake news:
In a briefing outside the West Wing on Monday evening, National Security Adviser Gen. H.R. McMaster denied an explosive Washington Post report that President Donald Trump disclosed “highly classified” intelligence to Russian officials last week.
“There’s nothing the president takes more seriously than the security of the American people,” McMaster told reporters.
“The story that came out tonight as reported is false,” he added.
McMaster said “the president and the foreign minister reviewed a range of common threats to our two countries, including threats to civil aviation” and that “at no time, at no time, were intelligence sources or methods discussed.”
“And the president did not disclose any military operations that were not already publicly known,” McMaster said. “Two other senior officials who were present, including the secretary of state, remember the meeting the same way and have said so. And their on the record accounts should outweigh those of anonymous sources.”
“I was in the room, it didn’t happen,” McMaster concluded before returning to the White House.
He did not take questions from reporters.
Updated with these breaking Trump Tweets: