The video shows the lecture given by Professor Douglas Whitman at the Amren conference in 2014. For those who don’t have the 45 minutes to invest, here’s a summary taken from an article that covers the whole conference.
Excerpt from amren
Professor Douglas Whitman of Illinois State University gave an illuminating talk on evolution and the biological reality of race. He began by noting that evolution is constant, and that humans are evolving more rapidly than ever. We have evolved into differentiated groups by exactly the same process as all other species: As soon as one groups splits from another into a new environment, it begins to adapt to that environment.
Prof. Whitman explained the Ninety Percent Rule for determining whether a species is composed of a number of different subspecies–in the case of humans, these are called races. If the members of two or more separate groups are mixed together and a layman can accurately sort them back into their original groups with an accuracy of at least 90 percent, then the groups are distinct subspecies. By this standard alone, human races obviously exist, and DNA evidence can further distinguish human subspecies with 100 percent accuracy. As Professor Whitman noted to much laughter, “Anyone who denies this is a slimy Marxist or a complete idiot.”
It is true that 99.5 percent of the genes of every human are the same. However, the human genome is composed of three billion base pairs, which leaves 15 million base pairs—the remaining 0.5 percent—that produce the remarkable differences we find between individuals and groups. Prof. Whitman pointed out that a difference in a single base pair can make a person a dwarf, albino, blind, deaf, or cause any of thousands of diseases. These 15 million base pairs are more than enough to produce striking and consistent racial differences. The result is “tens of thousands of evolved traits that correlate with racial differences.”
Prof. Whitman also pointed out that the only genetic difference between men and women is one chromosome out of 46. Men have a Y where women have an X—and yet the differences between the sexes are enormous.
Our government, explained Prof. Whitman, takes great care to keep all animal subspecies safely in their separate environments. As an example, it is against the law to take an American Kangaroo Rat of one subspecies out of its home environment and put it into the environment of another subspecies because of the noxious effects of displacement and mixture. Needless to say, the government has no such concern for human subspecies.
Prof. Whitman emphasized that molecular biology is bringing new discoveries every day that underline the reality and significance of race. “Science,” he said, “proves that we are right, and that those who deny race are wrong.” There is even increasing evidence that the cherished “out of Africa” theory is wrong—that modern man may well have evolved outside of Africa and then migrated back to Africa.
Evolution resulted in races that Prof. Whitman called “supreme in their environments.” Eskimos are adapted to cold, and Africans are adapted to heat and to African disease. Europeans appear to have been adapted for creativity. They invented the modern world, as well as safe, prosperous societies. It is no surprise that other races want to come live with us and take part of the bounty that their ancestors could not have created.
The great message of evolution, noted Prof. Whitman, is that groups are not equal. We have spent trillions of dollars vainly trying to bring people of all races up to the material level of Europeans. “Race matters, and truth matters,” he declared, and it is high time we accepted the truth rather than hide behind pious lies.
Interjecting a note of humor, here’s Jared Taylor: