Chutzpah! Jews just can’t stop pushing. This one wants you to drop a big ugly turd in the milk pail at Thanksgiving and Christmas by calling your family members racists!
Excerpt from The Independent
So, here are some friendly tips from a straight white dude to help your family members better understand your co-workers, classmates, neighbors and friends of color.
• While passing the green bean casserole to your grandpa, remind him that it’s white homegrown terrorists, not Muslims, that have killed more Americans than “Jihadists” since 9/11.
• After your casually racist aunt finishes her fifth glass of Pinot Grigio and tries to say that African-American voters didn’t turn out in 2016 like they did for Obama, gently explain to her that fourteen states have enacted new voter-suppression laws and remind her that red states and conservative Supreme Court justices completely gutted the Voting Rights Act.
• When your mom calls undocumented immigrants “thugs” and “criminals,” kindly inform her that most immigrants are actually women and children fleeing violence and seeking safety, but instead of helping them the United States government is locking them up in “family detention centers” and making them go through emotionally draining “credible fear interviews.”
• When your dad laughs off Trump’s sexism, tell him that no woman should ever have to deal with being objectified like that and remind him that women, still, are being paid 70 cents for every dollar a similarly-qualified man makes.
• If someone negatively mentions protests in the wake of this year’s election, remind them of our sordid history and the outpouring of hate in 2008.
• Don’t even let someone try to downplay the significance of the Dakota Access Pipeline protests while simultaneously observing a holiday in which Native people warmly accepted uninvited immigrants from Europe. And yes, the Washington Football Team’s name and the Cleveland Baseball Team’s logo are very much racist. It’s not “honoring” them when they actually want the name changed.
• Before everyone rushes to the couch for football and post-meal naps, disprove your relatives’ false narratives of minorities committing most of the crimes by showing them that in the most diverse cities in the country, hate crimes are going way up while other crimes have fallen.
This may be one of the few times you’re able to see your family members throughout the year and now, thanks to self-segregation, discriminatory hiring practices, and how we consume news via Facebook, we’ve created new forms of systemic oppression along with bubbles for white America to live in. This might be the only chance your family will encounter someone who challenges their one-dimensional, shortsighted ideologies. With that said, people of color should not have to live in fear for the next four years, so the first place white folks can start is at home, by rebuking these hate-filled beliefs. The resistance in the ongoing American culture war begins with you.
Every one of these bullet points can be refuted. But the point to make now is that creating strife among families seems to be a Jewish specialty. Ignore his chutzpah and enjoy yourself and your family.