The demonization of the alt-right over the “Nazi salute” at last Saturday’s NPI Conference has been much in the news. Donald Trump disavowed the alt-right because of it.
Ramzpaul suggests that we who hold to a white identity and oppose immigration and globalism just call ourselves the right. He also expresses his belief that the alt-right brand has been damaged, so why stick with a brand name that is now held in disrepute.
He also expresses his belief that the Daily Stormer is a controlled-opposition website, funded by the Anti-Defamation League, and that a group of people, not just Andrew Anglin, is producing material for that site.
I have to add that some people believe that Richard Spencer, Jared Taylor, et. al. are also controlled opposition. I’m also aware that many people know that Ramzpaul is a Jew and believe him to be controlled opposition.
The youtube comments on this video show an alt-right movement at odds with itself. Some are calling Ramzpaul a cuck. Others have a more positive view toward his words.
Reading through a significant fraction of the comments, I think too many people don’t understand the following:
1. We can and should hold to our belief system. Call it identity or White Nationalism or whatever, Ramzpaul is NOT saying that we should change our beliefs because of the NPI incident. Some people seem to think that’s what he’s saying.
2. We should want our movement to grow in numbers and grow in passion. There is strength in numbers. Right now, we are a fringe movement, like the Tea Party was a few years ago. The Tea Party was crushed by the MSM and the Republican establishment. We don’t want our movement to shrink in size, but to EXPLODE in popularity as people understand it better.
3. How to give our belief system a name is proving problematic since the (((MSM))) is going to slander us no matter what we call ourselves. At the current moment I don’t have an answer to this issue. What I know is that what we want, as noted by Ramzpaul, is a basic human right. We have the moral high ground in demanding that right.
4. You can call decent, everyday people by the insulting name “normies” all you want, but unless more of these decent folks understand and subscribe to our belief set, then we’re going nowhere. Recall that Donald Trump never declared himself alt-right in a rally. He expressed a nonracist, nationalist view focused on jobs and wages.
5. David Duke (also accused of being controlled-opposition) is our best role model in my opinion. The media has spent 40 years slandering him, so he’s damaged. But that doesn’t change the fact that his message is a truthful one and that it’s delivered without hate, anger, or bitterness. In a nutshell, Duke’s message is that European-Americans deserve the same rights as other ethnic groups. That’s the right way to push out our message.
6. Fact: Hitler and Nazi stuff are a hard sell. Duke avoids it. That’s why. I avoid it too, although once in a while, just to exercise my right to push back against the lies told about Adolf Hitler and National Socialism, I’ll post something “Nazi” related in order to reveal a concealed truth.
We might disagree about how to best grow our movement so that we can achieve our goals. Everyone should think carefully about the issue. Donald Trump was not the goal. He was the means to furthering our end. He’s now disavowed us, although not enthusiastically enough for the leftist press.
As for me, I can assure everyone that I’m not controlled opposition. I like to think of myself as the wise elder who sometimes has to rein in the young hotheads. As my mother told me, “You can attract my flies with honey than with vinegar.” It’s a truism that has been passed down for generations. Let’s use kindness and inspiration to get what we want rather than unkindness and repulsive ideas.